We circulate new prayers each week for you to lift up to the Lord at 7:30pm every day (or at any time that you can). Join with us in your own homes; alone or with family, or even in your online small groups. To join our email prayer chain, please subscribe HERE.
Your next prayer email will be with you on Friday. In the meantime, please see this week’s prayer below.
‘But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.‘ James 1:25
• Jesus, teach us to look to You with perseverance so that we may receive the reward of our faith! When we are complacent, we come to You for renewal. When our prayers are cold, we call to You for the fire of Your love to ignite them. We don’t want to be hearers that forget, but doers who act.
‘Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart. I incline my heart to perform your statutes forever, to the end.‘ Psalm 119:111-112
• Our inheritance is Your promises, dear Lord. Would You convict our hearts to treasure You and take You at Your word. How many of us never really incline our hearts to You, to do what You command, but rather follow our own inclinations and petty, selfish desires. You are the source of true joy, Jesus – give us grace to seek beautiful fullness of life in You!
‘The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.’ Proverbs 18:10
• Let us run to You, Spirit of the living God! You are a shelter and all of our hope is in You. How can we run ‘into’ Your name? How can we find safety in You? By lifting up our souls to You, by focusing our thoughts on You, and by surrendering every part of ourselves. Help us, Father, to let go of the sin which so easily entangles, and to take hold of the true pleasure of Your intimate company.
‘And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.‘ Deuteronomy 8:3
• Oh God, make us to know that we live by every word that comes from Your mouth! You are so good, so faithful, so satisfying, so true to Your word! Be our sustenance, oh God, our moment-by-moment-more-than-enough-fulfilment of what we hope for. This faith feeds us, and Your promises keep us. Today we cling to You and lean into You.
‘Sing to him a new song; play skilfully on the strings, with loud shouts. For the word of the LORD is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD.‘ Psalm 33:3-5
• Dear Jesus, as we near the end of the week we seek You, to worship at Your feet and bring all our hopes and disappointments to You. We offer up a new song for this new day You have given us. Everything You do is good. Help us to see the evidence of Your love and faithfulness that lies all around us. You are wonderful and kind and strong, and just what we need. We lift up a shout of praise, a song of thankfulness, to our God! We love You and we offer ourselves to You.